This post will provide a SEO job listing template, I hope that listing helps employer that are hiring a SEO specialist for the first time to understand what to expect form that role, also helping SEO specialists to understand what employers are looking for.
If you are an HR professional and planning to post for a SEO role the template below is almost ready to use, with some modifications, customization and a quick chat with our technical people you should be able to produce a SEO job listing in a matter of one hour
Company Inc is a digital marketing agency that provides a full stack marketing solutions to our clients across Canada. Located in Downtown Toronto, we’re a passionate group of innovators that love digital marketing, supporting the career growth of our staff is one of our highest priorities. We are always on the hunt for talented, digital marketing professionals with a strong track record.
Summary of the job (about this position):
We are seeking a SEO specialist to manage search engine optimization activities to increase rankings and improve traffic on all major search engines. This role involves a lot of research and analytics that require knowing on-site and off-site SEO techniques, technical SEO, tracking and analysis.
- Coordinate of all SEO efforts including link building, keyword research and onsite and offsite optimization
- Conduct technical SEO audits that analyse crawlability, indexability and mobile friendliness, those audits must provide recommendations to achieve best practices then work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented
- Make recommendations to website information architecture, content, interlinking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Competitive analysis from an inbound links profile point of you and organic market share analysis
- Develop and produce monthly and quarterly metrics reports that track the success of SEO
- Provide detailed analysis by channel (site referral, organic, social etc) along with engagement metrics like bounce rate, time on site and conversion rate.
- Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of Google Tag Manager (GTM), Google Analytics and Google.
- Develop a consistent process for company tracking needs including UTM, GTM and other tagging
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Independent learner – ability to learn on their own and discover new industry trends.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
Required Education, Experience and Technical Skills:
- University Degree or college diploma, preferably with a digital marketing major
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of search engine optimization experience
- Proven track record of results with improving search rankings and/or developing and managing website reporting tools
- Basic understanding of paid advertising methods and platforms;
- Advance Google Analytics certified
- Google Ads certified (Fundamentals, Display, Mobile, search, Videos and shopping)
- Google Partners Digital Sales certification
- Google Mobile Sites certified
- SEMrush Academy certified Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz, Google Search Console, Webpagetes (advanced user)
Why to work for us, What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan, great perks & benefits.
- An incredible opportunity for advancement within the organization.
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its staff to ensure success for new team members.
- Flexible working hours and working form home days (we understand the importance of a work / life balance, but showing deep commitment to our clients)
- A fun and casual place to work!
Please note that this position requires the candidate to work from our office in downtown Toronto